is an educational enrichment program designed to introduce young children to the wonderful world of philanthropy and the concept of charitable giving. The Little Givers' curriculum integrates art, music, community relationships and cultural events with the goal of teaching children the important concepts of contributing personal time and resources to larger concerns. Your child will leave class each week having made a charitable contribution to the community and an impact on the world around them.
Little Givers has collected pennies for Penny Harvest, created art projects for sick children at Seattle Children's Hospital, prepared bagged lunches for Bed-Stuy Against Hunger, baked cookies for the senior residents at Cobble Hill Health Center and participated in many other hands-on projects all designed to teach, in an age-appropriate manner, the importance of being a community citizen.
We welcome you to learn more about Little Givers.
Little Givers will inspire your child to build a lifelong relationship with philanthropy and social action in the local and global community. Time spent in our classroom and reaching out into the surrounding communities will open your child's eyes, hearts and imaginations to endless opportunities for enrichment through the simple act of giving.
- Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not. - Dr. Seuss
- How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world. - Anne Frank
- No one could make a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little. - Edmund Burke
- You must be the change you wish to see in the world - Mahatma Ghandi
- If you think you’re too small to be effective, you have never been in bed with a mosquito. - Betty Reese